sexuality health

Saturday 7 March 2009

5 Tips For a Healthy Back

Tired of chronic back pain? Here is 5 things you can do that have really helped me. I have suffered with back pain for the last ten years. I know that if I don't take care of myself, my back pain will only get worse as I get older.

When your sitting in front of your computer be sure to have proper support. Adjust your chair so that your knees are slightly higher than your hips. If you have arm rests be sure they support a 90 degree angle of your arms. Be sure your moniter is directly in front of you. Do not slouch, if you get tired of sitting go walk around a little and then start over. If you talk on the phone a lot be sure to use a head set or speaker phone. When you are driving be sure that you have plenty of lower back support. Roll up a towel to put behind you if your seat won't adjust. Sit so you don't have to reach for the steering wheel.

Walking is one of the best things for your back. Try to go out and walk a little bit every day. It helps loosen up your back and it makes you feel better.

Alternate with ice and heat. If you have been doing something out of the ordinary and your muscles are sore I recommend heat. If your back is just sore and inflamed try some ice.

Make exercise a regular routine. I know it's not fun, but it's really important part of keeping your back healthy. Be sure to stretch before and after to loosen up the muscles in your back.

Drink lots of water everyday. You must drink at least 8-10 glasses of water a day. Your spinal discs are hydraulic and made of 80% water! If you don't drink enough water your body will take it from discs making them very brittle.


pharmacy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home